I lost all of my reply somehow. To make this quick. I use a little bit of off water label herbicide in my bermed pond that water cannot escape into the environment and yet all of the gallons of approved chemicals for land farming that goes into the rivers when it rains is OK that I use and is never mentioned here. I do this and that's ok? That all of my farm chemicals are OK to escape from my farm into the waterways.The reason is the chemical industry is so huge and the people that are employed for cheap food is necessary for modern civilization to exist that water is the casualty. But let's at least acknowledge this. This is the gorilla and elephant in the room that cannot be mentioned. I think I have been registered on Pond Boss since the early 2000's and have never seen the whole scale use of chemicals in the water ways mentioned by anyone except me. Chernobyl's half life really hits home with half lives to me but half lives kinda misses the big picture. If you don't put it into the water then you don't have to worry about half lives of chemicals.

Last edited by John Monroe; 05/13/16 12:57 AM.