Yesterday, I made several attempts using a 5 gsl bucket, a butterfly net and the empty Cargills pellet sk, and finally a heavy duty garbage bag to catch and weigh the Cargills 1/8" and 1/4" dispersed by my TH feeders. The garbage bag worked best, and I was able to catch and weigh the fish food for comparison when throwing 1/8th verses 1/4". My Texas Hunter feeder does not disperse the 1/4 as well as it does with the 1/8th". I adjusted the spinner plate by dropping the plate with an Allen wrench, for one of two things I did to throw the larger food size. And adding a washer to lower the spinner plate motor. Giving a larger opening for accepting larger sized food. After comparing weights I had to increase the time from 14 seconds to 25 sec when using the larger size food so I could get the same weight.
Each feeder is throwing 1 lb per throw, 4 throws per day per each feeder. Or approx. 3.5 lbs per acre per day. I posted this for some information to others using the TH Feeders and the Cargills fish food.
I learned I have room for more feeding if desired.

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 04/29/16 09:58 AM. Reason: sp

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy