Originally Posted By: Coho Eddie
Hydro 191 Gran seems to be the goto for dock and pond owners. Many buy it for the price and many end up using max rates to try and acheive any herbicidal effects. Like teehjaeh57 said Super K is a better way to go for the do it your selfer but since Coontail isn't a true rooted plant only holdfasts, throwing granulars is a waste IMO especially in depths over 2 feet. I'd stick with the basics (Diquat/surfactant to Burn, Liquid 2,4D or Fluridone to kill). You can get away with low amounts of fluridone for coontail. If you need help with an application rate PM me. Grass carp will eat it but prefer more monocot leafy plants like the Potamogeton species. The scissor teeth have a hard time eating plants like milfoil and coontail. They will do it but would prefer not to waste tons of energy making meals out of plants with numerous shoots and a big bushy mass.

PM me if you need assistance.

Ed

I have always been directed to use Aquathol SK - so far so good, but it's expensive and I would prefer not nuking everything else [my pondweeds] that surround it. If it's not the best herbicide for the job, just another reason to keep shopping. Can you provide more specific direction on 24D product you recommend?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]