My wife and I are in the middle of purchasing a different house and of course on the property it has a pond wink It was the only must I had on my list. The pond is just north of 1/2 acre. It looks a lot more usable and little better built than my current pond.

Anyway back to the point of this post! While I was there inspecting the "home" I fed the fish off the dock, I had many catfish come to the surface frown I didn't see any gills or bass on my walk around the pond.

Should I fish it for a couple months and see if I can get the CC out and then stock accordingly ? ( I asked the homeowners what they have been feeding them and just nasty ole roy dog food)

The pond has a nice aerator running out in the middle. Its kidney bean shaped and in the corners in the shallows I see a lot of seaweedish looking stuff. None to the surface though. Water clarity at about 3ft. My goal for the pond is nice bluegill fishing, like monsters!! And the occasional 16-18in bass. Can it be done and how long will it take??? smile