The Gamefish Chow is a multi sized 32% pellets and is packaged for mass sales. It is priced and competes with Cargills Sportfish feed which has similar multi-size pellets but is 36%.

One local Tractor Supply has one on the shelf for a while then the other. Currently I am getting the Cargill Sportfish at my local TSC.

The Aquamax series of Purena feeds are their premium fish feeds, and with the exception of their catfish specific food are higher in protein. The Gamefish Chow is meant to be sold to the general public that are generally not sophisticated fish food buyers and is more of a general purpose supplemental feeding food. Check the different protein levels of the Aquamax series of feeds.

I feed the Cargill Sportfish food when I am waiting on a shipment of the Aquamax feed. Local TSC carries a few bags at a time. I will feed the AM400 near shore for the small fish and a mix of the AM500 and AM600 thrown out in deeper water. I also mix in about 10-20% of a 32% sinking catfish food so the CC will do my bottom sediment stirring for me (so I don't have to do it with a rake).

At least that is the way I see it.

Last edited by snrub; 03/25/16 10:08 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine