Whether is was 10, 15 or 20 years ago, I'm floored that it was actually labeled in Canada. I never knew that!!
Do you know how many aquatic herbicides are registered in Canada today? ONE! That being REWARD (diquat).
Canada is one of the most restrictive places in the world to register aquatic pesticides; which might explain why I'm so surprised to see a Canadian aquatic diuron label.
I'm running this past my Bayer rep for further comment (Bayer bought DuPont's pesticide division around 18-months ago).
Thanks for the link Zep! Although it still doesn't change my personal opinion concerning the use of diuron in aquatics smile
KD

Originally Posted By: Zep
[quote=Kelly Duffie]Lastly, please cite where you read that Canada allows the use of diuron in ponds. That revelation would utterly astonish me.

This from Canada but looks to be ten years old:

FOR CONTROL OF ALGAE AND AQUATIC WEEDS
IN PONDS AND DUGOUTS—

"KARMEX® XP is recommended for the control of algae, including filamentous types, and certain aquatic weeds in ponds and dugouts which have little or no water flow-through. For use in water wholly confined to the property of the user, and where there is no outflow beyond the property limits. Treatment is not effective in flowing water. The lower recommended rates control algae for several weeks; higher use rates extend algae control and usually control aquatic weeds such as naiads (Najas), pondweed (Potamogeton), duckweed (Lemna), bladderwort (Utricularia), and Chara. Use at rates of 0.5 to 2 parts per million (ppm) diuron; use the lower rates for algae control and the higher rates for aquatic weeds and for extended algae control"

http://www.tlmltd.ca/assets/pdf/KarmexXP_Label_Eng.pdf [/quote
]