I hadn't really broke down pricing until now...probably different numbers for others. Last Spring I was astonished at the increase in AM cost last year following a long wait to receive my order, it was a full $5-7 more than 2014 season. Imagine my further surprise when the LMB and 600 pellets were different sized, different color, different texture and smell...without so much as a head's up to their customer base. Still looking for alternatives...the Optimal doesn't throw well in my feeders, can only hand feed, and since I'm an absentee owner that doesn't work well - it's just too light for my specific feeder placement, winds, etc. Still a niche for someone to fill, just waiting to see who steps up with a good product coupled with affordable accessibility. I love Optimal's angle at getting the nutrients right and goal of growth plus longevity - but I need to feed and grow more than just Lepomis.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]