I am in southeast Georgia and we call them cypress trout. They get pretty good size and like everybody says they hit like a truck and are aggressive. When we fish the okefenokee we target them since that jackfish is about all there is unless you want some warmouth. I have a couple of ponds on my land. one a little over year ago but in some catfish and bluegill and whatever was already there. Caught a bowfin the other day out of it. Did not think there was any in it. I know way way back when I was a kid I would catch fish out of one pond and just throw them in the biggest one which is where I put the catfish and bluegill. I know there are some bass in there and now bowfin I wonder if those jackfish I put in there twenty years ago are still there also. lol. must not be many in it because I have way way too many bluegills and my bass are still skinny. Then the other day my cousins boy down there at pond and saw a otter. Now that can not be good. I told him when he is down there duck hunting and if he sees him to take care of it for me. lol...