Apologies, I go in spurts on this board, on for a few months, and then off for a few more.

I did make a slurry. I'm sure the application was fine (believe me, I've probably read almost every thread here on alum application). I made a slurry of alum, sprayed it with a trash pump. Then made a slurry of lime and sprayed. I think i alternated 2 bags of alum, then 1 bag of lime.

I don't think I've solved the problem but I have noticed something. Right now my water is crystal clear (crystal clear to me is at least 2-3 feet of visibility). My aerator went out for a while in the winter and I only recently turned it on, but it's been running at least a week (the shallow one). Basically, I'm assuming this is mechanical muddying at this point and I think the alum is not the solution.

That means as best I can tell possible causes:

1) Deep water aerator. Unlikely since I've tried turning off all aeration in the past and it had a minimal affect.

2) Crawfish. I stocked papershells but there are likely other guys in there.

3) Catfish. I've stocked a bunch of them a few years back.

4) Some other fish/creature I don't know about (bullheads, etc).

I guess it's hard to pinpoint because I can't catch anything in the pond except crawfish and an occasional bluegill.