Just came across this post due to RC51 adding a new post to TJs original, but I'd have to add a thumbs up to Black and Decker lithium tools.

I own almost all of the Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion set, which started out with the drill and impact driver. I've used it for so many projects and have never been disappointed. While some professional construction folk might go a step up in quality, for the home project, you can have a bag full of cordless tools for a very reasonable price.
In particular, I love the small circular saw, the drill, the impact driver (awesome for putting together ladder deer stands) and the oscillating tool attachments.

I also have the Black and Decker LPP120 20-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Pole Saw, and use it for trimming shooting lanes for deer hunting, as well as branch work around the yard. I find it indispensable, and much better than my old NiCad rechargeable one. Cutting power (up to 8 inches of oak in my experience) and battery power that is steady up to the last second are exactly what I'd always hoped for, but never got from NiCad cordless tools.

"Politics": derived from 'poly' meaning many, and 'tics' meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.