Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: anthropic
This research about the sun's activity was recently published at the Royal Astronomy Society. It has been well tested and, in my opinion, has a good track record. Brr!

"A new model of the Sun’s solar cycle is producing unprecedentedly accurate predictions of irregularities within the Sun’s 11-year heartbeat. The model draws on dynamo effects in two layers of the Sun, one close to the surface and one deep within its convection zone. Predictions from the model suggest that solar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030s to conditions last seen during the ‘mini ice age’ that began in 1645."

https://www.ras.org.uk/news-and-press/2680-irregular-heartbeat-of-the-sun-driven-by-double-dynamo

With all due respect even though your article theorizes, "solar activity will fall by 60 percent during the 2030's," which coincides with "conditions last seen during the mini ice age," it's really not known for sure if that will duplicate the "mini ice age." In fact it's still not necessarily accepted that sun spot activity cycles coincide with earth weather.

Well, I'm a former investment analyst. I tend to trust data rather than expert consensus, since I've seen the experts fail too many times.

In this case, the double dynamo theory successfully predicted the solar climate 97 percent of the time. So while there are no guarantees, I'd bet on cooler temps in the 2030s/40s.

That's still a good ways off, though. It will be interesting to see what happens until then!

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160