Originally Posted By: esshup
Personally? I'd rather stock RBT in the Fall or transfer adult GHS from the forage pond to the 3.5 ac pond than take the chance on stocking Crappie.

esshup, I hear ya!! I might have to beg, barrow or steal them from Todd. I have not priced them because I don't think they will be necessary this year due to all the forage fishies in the pond, but I may have to entertain that idea, after reading ewest article in Jan. Feb issue of POND Boss magazine. Where he wrights of reduced forage numbers on yr 3 or 4 in lmb ponds.
I knew of supplemental forage fish stocking but I don't think I really understood the why's and why not's until ewest wrote this article. I really, really want a pond with more than normal, higher numbers of XL LMB. XL LMB = 10+lb lmb. I also consider better catch rates of these fish when lower numbers of forage drops, like when the Tp die off, should make the lmb an easier catch. And I think higher numbers of XL LMB might also improve the catch rates, assuming they are not educated to fishing lures. GHS ??

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 01/17/16 10:26 AM. Reason: add on

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy