Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
...Smith Creek no doubt doesn't ship crayfish until June because they want breeders to produce a large crop of young for the new season before breeders are sold. Those purchased in June will be primarily adults and many of those in the fall will mostly be Young Of Year crayfish. I doubt that you will see any papershell females in 'berry' of those received in September -October.

Thanks for your patience Bill! smile

Here is my confusion. The Missouri Dept of Conservation except from above stated, "Most males die after the mating season, and most females die after producing their first brood." Considering a June 2016 stocking...So if the male breeders died in the late summer of 2015 and the female breeders died in the spring after they raised the brood, how can the crawfish being provided for June stocking be mature breeders? Are you saying, they will be mature females getting ready to die?

When would you stock them if you were in my shoes given the time slot of June thru September? How many for about a .4 acre pond? I won't hold you to your answers but I sure could use your thoughts! smile

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!