Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Glad you edited the numbers. You had me really scratching my head on trying to correlate the conclusions you stated with the numbers posted! smile

The link you posted is interesting but I'm not sure whether it is applicable to say a BG or LMB. There has been a lot of data posted in PBF threads regarding different nutrition requirements vs species. For example, CC do very well on 30% protein grain based pellets with little to no benefit shown by going with a higher protein fish meal based pellet.

You mentioned that you are considered an expert on fish nutrition by some folks. Can you fill us in on that a little. We can always use more pros here at PBF!

My apology for the error.

What happens differently once that pellet goes down the fish's gullet than any other species like it? If you have a different food for every fish in the pond you can sell a lots more food.

The trick with pond fish seems to be getting them to eat the pellet. You can train a fish in an aquarium to eat a wheat pellet if thats all you give them for a period of time. Bluegill are easy subjects as the naturally feed on top. How does anyone know shellcrackers wouldn't eat the same if sinking?

I do the formulas for Paradigm Fish Food. Paradigm is a fish food for aquarium hobbyist's. Our goal was to make fish food without excessive fat being stored in the fish's liver. We decided to gradually lower the energy in our test diets for carnivore, omnivore and herbivore. After a period of lowering the energy it worked as the fish which had been breeding very well stopped. That was at 28 to 29 points of energy. We raised the energy back up to 30 to 31 points of energy and all the fish started breeding again.

What I offer this board is an unbiased opinion as I have nothing to sell. This board was very kind to me a year or so back when I was trying to help a friend with his predator stunted pond.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.