Cecil I am old also, going on 82, and my whole life has been about health. As a scrawny kid at 16 my aunt gave me a set of barbells and in my early 20's I was benching pressing 300lb at 150lb body weight. A 2 to one ratio that few ever achieve. When I was 40 I built my own gym onto my house. So this is me 10 years ago.

So I'm healthy. Right. NO! Too many cheese burgers all of my life. Clogged arteries. My score for a Coranary Calcium Scan is 410. Flunked really bad. Good is 0. This scan only cost $50. Get one. So what do I do. Walk 3 miles a day. Get your body weight at what it was in high school. Take a 81 baby aspirin everyday. Take a statin if you can, but do what you can. And this is the biggy. Most people will not do this but in my life time experience this it the most important. Go vegan. No meat, no oils. And read the book I listed below.

Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease challenges conventional cardiology by posing a compelling, revolutionary idea-that we can, in fact, abolish the heart disease epidemic in this country by changing our diets. Drawing on the groundbreaking results of his twenty-year nutritional study, Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr.

Last edited by John Monroe; 12/24/15 02:29 AM.