Thanks for the responses! Was definitely planning on consulting with my doctor. However wanted to stop taking the statin drug as an experiment for a short period of time to see if it was the culprit. I believe my doctor would have done the same thing. I needed to do something stat.

I also find it interesting that my blood pressure went up about the same time as I started taking the statin drug. Never had high blood pressure before. One of the possible side effects is increased blood pressure. I was put on a beta blocker which brought it down.

I have a major health screening every October and have noticed a one point a year increase in blood glucose levels. Statin drugs may increase blood glucose levels and some studies even show it could cause diabetes. My dad developed type II in his 60's.

And no I'm not a hypochondriac or one of those people that tries to second guess his doctor. LOL I have some medical background as I am one semester short of being an RN. Decided to be self employed instead.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/21/15 08:22 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.