Had a nice phone chat with Brian today. Sheesh, I don't much like driving in 40kt winds close to the ground, and he's flying in this!

Anyway, just a simple question on the load switch, which I thought I would clarify to everyone here, as well as a few other things.

Unlike many other switches of this type, the poles on ABB switches are symmetrical, meaning that power flow can be reversed. Instead of looping from the bottom of one pole to the top of another pole, you can simply jumper across from 2T1>>>4T2 on the bottom, then 3L2>>>5L3 on the top. Makes for a cleaner installation, and less wire. But if you are not sure, loop.

It is a growing trend for these reverse flow characteristics in a lot of devices. Eaton recently released a new line of circuit breakers that you can reverse feed. I've used these on the last 2 projects, and it's kinda difficult to get use to the concept that your line could be coming into the bottom of a device like this. It was forever since the dawn of history, line>top, load>bottom, power flow, so everyone was on the same page.

I kinda like it tho. Akin to my quirk about people who must have decimal dimensions on drawings equal fractions or they get lost because it's not on a chart. What's the big deal?

Also, keep in mind that this rig is way below 250VDC and feeding a purely resistive load with appropriate circuit protection. I could go on, but Brian has it well covered.

Went to lunch today about 3:30pm, and the water level in Spring Lake is up a good +3' or so. Waves from LM with winds from the west pounding the shoreline and pushing lake water back up the river. It was right around bottom of dock level, which is fairly significant. Starting to calm down tho, so should recede back to the lake.