Originally Posted By: CMM

Jeff, yes, I mostly fly fish. Unless I'm fishing with kids or the wind is just too much for my limited skills, I have a fly rod in hand. Cmm

Limited skills, Cmm? I think not! I was fortunate to be on the receiving end of witnessing your skills, knowledge and great (and helpful) instruction for a day and half of fly fishing your pond! Impressive to say the least!

Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Keith yours look great. Love that brilliant red ear tab, they sure are eating something that they like.

Isn't it unusual that they would go after a nightcrawler? It sounds like other PB members had to catch them on micro baits.

Thanks, CC!

I've caught them on night crawlers, red wigglers and even a Pan Fish Assassin. But again, it's rare and usually on the bottom as Shorty has commented.

As far as seeing them swimming, my water clarity is less than 12" so unfortunately I see no swimmers or spawn beds frown .

Originally Posted By: Shorty
Good going Keith!

I'm thinking this one is a male that may have been tending a bed late summer, or this fall.

cool

Thanks, Shorty!

I know there was spawning activity in September but unsure what all spawned (just BG, just RES, BG & RES, etc.), again due to minimal water clarity. The spawning clues for me were the change in feeding habits (including LMB and HSB), fish caught along the shallow (likely bedding) areas and seeing YOY shortly thereafter, of which I now wish I would have corralled a few for positive ID. They're now nowhere to be seen (many digested I'm guessing).

And, Shorty, is it the colors on the fish that lead you to believe it may have been tending a bed, i.e., spawning colors? All the ones I've caught in the past have been darker like the one in the pic.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES