I am building a forage pond and thinking of raising RES for additional forage to the LMB pond and for fishing and eating. RES will feed on FHM's that will also be stocked in the forage pond and maybe just maybe some snails might show up but if they do, I would think any that would enter the pond would be eaten before they could become established as another food source for the RES. So I am thinking of a bug light or two around the forage pond might help the RES grow to the sizes I would like to have. I have no elec. power @ the ponds so was thinking solar power for the bug lights. My research here has not found any solar power bug lights. Is my research lacking or are they not available? Any one have any idea's on how to DIY solar power bug lights? Would several small lights work as good as one larger light on a 1/3 acre pond? And what about cost? I have seen some solar panels at Harbar freight but I am thinking about the quality of their stuff.

Now about the Beavers. One has shown up at the pond, Any problems here? Only a couple of Willow trees are in the pond area. I do not see how a beaver would be negative on a water shed pond. Am I wrong here?

Thanks

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 10/29/15 07:42 AM. Reason: sp

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy