Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
JKB,

If you don't mind the drive, there is a company off of 1-69 here that sells circular polyethylene tanks with minor flaws at very reasonable prices. They will cut them down to whatever height you want. Most of the tanks are 4 to 5 feet in diameter.

I've purchased 5 of them now for not much over $100.00. They're white and show the fish and solids quite well. I cut a hole in the center bottom with a hole saw at pick up to aid in hauling (one of the straps goes through the hole), and the hole is also used for center drain by installing a 3 inch Uniseal. I prefer the Uniseal as a bulkhead fitting creates too much of a raised area IMHO and it collects solids. As far as hauling, the tanks are very flimsy so the strap through the hole insures they stay secured on a trailer.

The company is the Assman corporation in Garrett, Indiana (honest no kidding).

http://www.assmann-usa.com

Thanks for the info and link Cecil. Those would be quite reasonable compared to others selling tanks for an Aquaculture purpose. I'll check it out.

Supposed to go to Chicago next month for Rockwell's Automation Fair, but think I'll accidentally hit Grovertown on my GPS wink

When I get home tonight I'm gonna measure to see about putting a 15' dia Intex pool in the basement. I'm sure it will go easy, but can't remember where the support columns are. If all is well, I'll stop at Sears on the way to work in the morning and order one. Only $220.00 plus free ship to store. It's the 15' dia x 42" deep model.

Dave hasn't picked up the WE from Chippewa yet, but said if I want to play with some to let him know by the 26th. They are up to 8" right now, which on their own will not be feed trainable, but, If I only put 10-20 in a tank of YP that are feed trained, will they catch on???

No clue, but winter is approaching and I need something to do.