I have quite the interst for YOU !!! First a little background... Where I live.. There is a small 320 acre lake about 100 feet from my front door (it's across the street).... a river on the north and east property lines, a small 100'x 60'x6'deep pond about 40 feet from my back door... I have some kind of artisian well on the north side of my property about 30 feet from the river, and about 20 feet from my pond... Unfortunately the water from the well in my yard..and for that matter the well that feeds the house is SOOOOOOOOO RUSTY !!!! I had to have a water softener installed just to drink and bath with the house water!!! At any Rate the water coming out of the well turns from clear to orange as the air hits it so My idea of running the cold well water into the pond is OUT! Until I came up this pretty good idea... I bought a 100gal Stock tank(for cows and horses) and filled about 3 inches of the bottom with Gas Grill Lava Rocks. I installed a realatively large aquarium aerator in the bottom of the stock tank without an airstone... on top of the lava rocks I used some window screening and used old couch seats(the 4"-6" foam without the cloth coverings)on top... I notched out one end of the stock tank as they are oval-ish-rectangular to act as the water drop like a waterfall... the water is pumped in at the bottom of the tank on one end with a small water pump...the water riases through the "filter material" (lava,foam)and spilles over the opposite notched end much much better than if it came directly out of the well itself... then when the material gets irony a little pressure washing of the lava and I replace the dark orange foam... works pretty good...