If you get any replacement fish from APStockers I would have them convert it all to numbers of FHM which you will always need more of. To get more specialized advice from us, What are your goals for this pond? Big panfish, big bass or a generalized mixture of all sizes with a few larger sizes of each or a high harvest of catfish in the next several years? Larger catfish can become significant predators in a pond setting. I agree with DD1 unless your goal is to produce a lot of eating size catfish (15"-20") you have stocked too many which will eventually cause you management problems trying to get enough out for a balanced pond. IMO it is actually good you a loosing some CC. If it were my pond I would not have stocked any or no more than 10-25. Catfish are not "bottom cleaners" and do not eat muck, leaves, and bottom debris. 400 CC in a 3/4 ac pond will make the water turbid where water visibility will be 6"-16" and most of this turbidity will not be beneficial plankton but consist almost entirely of suspended sediments. My professional job is to analyze plankton.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 10/06/15 01:49 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management