Bullhead Bob - Thanks for the sugar coating with the DNR. The yellow bullheads are predators; they ate some of the blackstripe topminnows that I had in the live box with them. They also like fish pellets; mostly at night.

I checked the websites for WA DNR and Dept of Fish and Wildlife. Could not find anything pertinent regarding import of fish. Their emphasis seems with enforcement of resources within the state. I will wait and see what the DNR has to say in their email to me about import restrictions. If they get some assurance from you that these fish are not going to be released into the environment they may not create too many restrictions. They may ask for or would like to have on file documentation of a 'head count' before and after the study and a final disposition of fish, including any notes of mortalities. All you may need is an approval permit from your local wildlife officer.

PS Last winter I analyzed diatoms (algae) for a city out your way, Bellevue near Seattle. They are conducting some stream surveys in their area. It looks like they will do an extension of the study this year. Some interesting benthic stream algae out there.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management