Thanks for all the good input. I take a lot of pride in my pond & am trying to have a diverse (has BG, RES, PE, CC, LMB, WE, HSB, HBC) & trophy fishery. Rainman has been to my pond, as I bought some large shiners & hybrid black crappie from him this past spring. So far, so good on the variety & things not getting out of control. I believe that the WE are keeping the LMB somewhat in check, as LMB can be caught - but one must work to get them. Caught a 2.5# LMB this summer, which was one of the original stockers from the fall of 2012, when they were stocked at 3-4".

The pond is fairly deep, with 20'-22' depths in places. In the area where I was fishing, there was a bubbler approximately 40' away to the pond center. There were no bubbles on the rip-rap rocks on the shore. I don't know the temp. I did do a secchi test before I fished last night, and had a 24" mark on that.

I will definitely keep it in mind about the "over-oxygenated" water in the future and not do the "revival" back and forth water strokes with WE in the future.

I am leaning towards Bill's take on it, in that pond grown WE don't take a lot of stress in water above 75F. That being said, I caught a 3# WE & several 1 1/2# WE in my pond this summer when the temps were likely fairly warm. All of those were released, and as far as I know none of those came to the surface with the belly-up swim.

So...I am going to hold off on WE fishing till the end of Sept which is when I will also focus on the HSB. Will switch my focus to LMB for the time being. Funny thing, the last time I focused on LMB was when I caught the prior 3# WE on a large chartreuse spinnerbait. Go figure, that is why I love fishing my pond, b/c it is anyone's guess as to what you might hook into when the bait or lure hits the water.