I very much appreciate the input you've all given me. At this point my plan is to wait a little bit. I think I know where I'm going to locate my home in relation to the ponds now. I'm going to expand the quarter acre pond a bit when I have the equipment there preparing the build site. I'm going to hold off stocking either pond until I get a more diverse forage base well established. I've added about 150 crayfish to each pond. I'm going to add a mix of 6-7 inch gold shiners and 2" ones as well. I'm putting in more/better structure for the fatheads to aid reproduction. I also know where I can access some spot tail's, especially in the spring- so next spring those will go in. I'm going to give both ponds all of next year to get forage & vegetation solid... then perhaps fall of 2016 begin stocking of YP and SMB. If I feel confident that the forage can support them, I will add RBT in time. The long term benefit of patiently building a solid forage base now, rather than trying to support a bunch of hungry mouths later, should help build a much better situation in the long run. Thank you all! I really hadn't been thinking primarily YP & SMB... but it makes good sense. Thanks again!


Pond Boss subscriber

Would those that say "it can't be done" please refrain from interrupting those that are doing it...