Originally Posted By: snrub
Thanks for that update Tony.

When you stock more HBG will you stock advanced sizes? Buy fingerlings and grow them some in a grow out pond before introduction? Or just stock enough fingerlings to account for losses to predators?

That seems like one challenge to laddered stocking. Keeping the new fish introduced from being eaten.

Ah, that be the conundrum, snrub. Should I choose stockers large enough to avoid predation, or small enough to allow me to capitalize on the early growth period? I am convinced that if I am to bump these fish over that 1.5 mark with any consistency, I need to get them under my control as soon as possible.

Which environment has the potential to foster better growth: Thousands of fish lumped together in a production environment hatchery grow-out pond, fed who knows what, or a hundred or so individuals lovingly pampered and catered too?

Fortunately, there's a solution in the form of cages. I will purchase smaller fish, cage them and grow them out over the summer until early fall. By then they will be large enough to avoid being eaten when released, and fully acclimated to my choice of feed.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.