Great points Catmandoo. I'll go with Thomas Paine who said "[Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamity is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer."
-- Thomas Paine

So, to our federal employees, even the best of you. You all are necessarily evil.

Stupid may be harsh. Is evil stupid or brilliant?

It is frightening that the speak of our founding fathers is looked upon now as offensive by the ninnys in our federal government and progressives. When we start losing our ponds, I guess some might get it.

"I consider the foundation of the [Federal] Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people." [10th Amendment] To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specifically drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
-- Thomas Jefferson, "Opinion on the Constitutionality of a National Bank" [February 15, 1791]

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.