The EPA released a statement to KOB Thursday, reading in part: "These tanks were sourced from the water division of Triple S Trucking Company, an Aztec, N.M.-based tanker truck company. According to the contractor, the tanks were steam cleaned and inspected prior to use at Shiprock. Water distributed by Triple S tanks, under contract to EPA, was provided by the Bloomfield Utility Department, the municipal water utility company for the City of Bloomfield, N.M."

A local trucking firm, it sounds like. Filled with water provided by a local municipality. I don't think that excuses the EPA from doing a proper job of verifying what tanks were used, or where they had been used previously, but it's not exactly like a fleet of EPA owned and maintained tanker trucks rolled into town carrying contaminated water from EPA provided taps, like some news sources seem to indicate was the case.

Anyone here ever hire a pond built, only to discover the contractor you hired to do the job was sorely lacking? Did you call the project off and penalize yourself for not checking out the contractor more carefully, or did you fire that guy, learn what you needed to do differently, and move forward with another contractor?

I hope those folks get some much needed relief, whatever the source.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.