Ben this has happened to me, I may have become a little indolent on acclimation prior to releasing. Sometimes after a long drive hauling fish I was kinda like - whatever, I just need to get home - if they make it they make it. Other times my intentions were good, but I just missed and lost a few fish. These events all have something in common - it was during high temp periods and I was at the controls.

Water chemistry and temp differences can claim fish during stocking, especially in warmer temps. I would not personally stress over losing those RES - if they were in good shape upon purchase and release it sounds like the hatchery held up their end of things - you may have just suffered a little TJ episode. Not all TJ episodes involve losing fish [ie: tannerite and cocktails], however, so hang in there.

Sorry if I've missed it, but what are your goals for this fishery? I'd love to read all about your plans.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]