Those guys have not been able to post so I figured I would give a little up date on the trip for them

We met at the pond after work thursday night and enjoyed some Fried Shark and Maypport Shrimp.

We then fished the pond but things were really hot and slow. The water was like a hot tub, even when the feeder went off it was not as active as things normally are. Once dusk came things improved, Keith had on what we think was a tarpon and lost it near the bank. We saw a few flounder laying in the shallows waiting to feed (that was pretty cool). I hooked and landed a nice flounder and Fatih hooked and landed a nice "bream", ID not required.

We got up at 6 this morning and fished an hour before work and things were much better as the water cooled some over night. Fatih had several take downs. He finaly was able to hook a really nice snook (maybe the largest in the pond??). The snook Bulldogged him for a bit and as we scrambled for the net his line broke right at the bank.

Not but a few minutes later Keith's bobber went down as he was walking back to the truck to grab something. He ran back and grabbed his rod got what seemed like nice a nice hook up with a prerry good sized tarpon. After a pretty high and acrobatic leap it quickly overpowered his line and popped it.

It was very enjoyable visting with these guys and I will be watching for more updates as they continue the trip .

Last edited by BobbyRice; 06/19/15 09:24 AM.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia