Greetings everyone....I am back from La. Actually 5 weeks now, but have been busy building a house with my son.

Regarding the lake.... I have come to the conclusion that the main reason my catching of large bass has diminished is that the channel catfish I put in (in the original stocking 17 years ago)have taken over. So the first thing I am doing is working on getting rid of the catfish. I have put in two troutlines. To date we have caught 46 of the big cats. They all weigh in at about 6-7 lbs. (We have also caught some 12 or so large snappers and at least that many little yellow bellies.) I am thinking of having church groups come and fish for catfish. Some one had mentioned boy scouts. Any suggestions?

Also, are the big catfish territorial? I started the troutlines near the dock. That slacked off, so I moved it across the lake to a new spot. The next morning, I had 14 big cats on a 24 hook troutline. The day after, I baited the line again. The next morning there was only one yellow belly. So, do the catfish tend to stay on one area of the lake? Another thing, those I use to feed at the dock, we have caught. And now, nothing comes to eat the feed. What do you think?

Again, thanks for all your input. Learning is fun.

Tooger

Tooger Smith