Nice visit with Scott and Matt, got a crash course in treating aquatic growth, was embarrassed by my HBG's reluctance to show off for company, and received some strange-appearing bluegill superfeed. Thanks guys, be safe tonight.

Part two

Neighbors....bonus points for long established families, such as you might find on multi-generational farms. Examine the topography of your neighbors places if possible. Is it remote and wooded, full of hills and hollers, or does it lay flat as a pancake with the words "future sub-division" written all over it? There's no way to be certain what the future holds of course, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't think about it a little.

Get to know your neighbors. Maybe you won't be going on vacation together, but you can still try and make friends. Do so, and maybe you can watch their backs while they cover yours. For the most part, I'm fortunate to have some pretty good neighbors, and I trust them. That hasn't always been the case, however,

Fences and gates...I'm torn on this one. On one hand I see the logic of a gate on the drive, but on the other I think a locked, well maintained gate also whispers "something of value lies ahead....come and see!" Maybe a rusted farm gate with one hinge torn off, and a piece of dog chain looped around a fence post to hold it closed says "nothing of importance here", or maybe it says "nobody home, come on in!" We opted for no gate, and don't have any problems.
Fences are fine, but in a wooded setting like we have they are a constant upkeep. Limbs and trees are continuously coming down. And If you are in good terms with your neighbors, then I don't think trespassing will be much of an issue. I have found deer hunters on our place in the past, and in every case they were out-of-towners who came in on a neighbors place, where they had permission to be, and crossed the fence onto our place. A friendly chat with the neighbor, and a suggestion that he inform those he allows to hunt just where his property stops and mine begins, has taken care of things.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.