Drue, I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble. It's terrible when others impose their will upon you, with no regard for your thoughts on the matter whatsoever.

In my opinion, you need to decide how far you're willing to take this, factoring in the level of support you can reasonably expect from the local law. Absentee ownership can be a heartache, and dealing with those who've "always done it this way", and have lived there longer than you, can be tough. Without the help of law enforcement, and given your absentee status, I think your options are limited. Certainly don't want to see the situation escalate to violence, and if reasoning is out of the question, and it sounds like it may be, then you have some tough choices to make.

Here's a crazy outlandish thought.. you mention enlarging the lake? Forgive me for what I'm about to suggest, but what about draining the lake first, then doing the additional dirtwork needed to make the lake into what you want? Remove the temptation? Any chance you intend to move onto the property? Leaving the lake drained, and living there for a spell might discourage some folks?

Of course there's always the option of selling...you might come out smelling like a rose, with enough cash to buy a piece of property that makes you forget about this place altogether. Never hurts to put a high price on something....all they can say is no. Or maybe yes wink .

Either way I feel for you, and wish you luck!

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.