Originally Posted By: sprkplug
RAH, no hostility intended by this question, simply curious: Do you believe your rights as a private property owner gives you leeway, either by action or inaction, to affect the water sources of those living next to you? All sources, both above and below ground?

I would ask the same question of all who have been involved in these recent threads...where do our rights as property owners end, and those of our neighbors begin?

It's such a tough question that our Founding Fathers left most of these decisions to the States. They did this so some benevolent despot, the fed, didn't have all the cards. They wanted States to compete and those States that made the best decisions regarding a balance of personal freedom benefit to the group, would prosper. Only the enumerated powers to the Federal government are such that States cannot make decisions on.

Your comments are very thought provoking, unfortunately you seem to want to count on the dumbest among us (federal employees) to make your laws for you.

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.