Hmmmm, lots more folks here more qualified than me to give advice on this one. I think you don't have to worry about the HSB, there is George1 and others down there that have had great luck with HSB. Having added the BG, you probably will need to eventually have the LMB to keep them under control. Sounds like the LMB came from hitchhikers from the stockers? At least that is good because a whole spawn of LMB would be a lot worse. Perhaps you got lucky and caught the only one!!!! I am thinking that with LMB in there, future ladder stockings of the HSB will mean that you need larger stockers so they will not be food for the eventual larger bass. Possiblly an extra grow out pond? Are you wanting a trophy BG pond? that would keep the LMB size down in size, making it easier to ladder stock. I wonder about ectro-shocking the water in a year or so to take out the LMB and replacing then with CBLMB?

Just random thoughts, to get your wheels turning. Others will help out eventually, hopefully the Texas guys near you.

Edit--- also the LMB will hurt your forage base of FHM and shiners, but that may not be bad for your HSB if you plan to feed. Do you?

Last edited by fish n chips; 06/05/15 07:45 AM.