Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Originally Posted By: esshup
I would guess that they are fish that aren't supplementally fed.

For instance, if Sparkplug made a relative weight chart, all of our ponds would have underweight bluegills in them!!

Actually, I'm still gathering Wr data on HBG in both fed and unfed ponds for that very reason. smile

We'd best exclude The Herman's Lake Norris Fish from that contest...the ones below were not even the largest we caught, and not one of the 20 or so were under a pound that I caught in the 45 minutes or so spent fishing...

Nate's recollections....

Rainmain visited God's country once again with a truckload of fish. After we got done unloading fish for many happy customers we took a few minutes to rest while sitting on the dock with a couple fishing poles and bucket of night crawlers.

Before we strung up our first worm, I asked him what the biggest bluegill he ever caught was and just smiled with his response. I had a pretty good feeling he had a chance to break his 1.25 lb record.

Well, he didnt break his record once or even twice. He broke it 3 times in our 45 minute wind down, rest, and relaxation session. He also tied his record with a couple of other fish as well. I do have to say though that the fishing trip was not nearly as relaxing as it could of been. I had to keep getting out of my chair to take photos of his fish every 5 minutes.

The biggest one he caught was 30 ounces, the second biggest was 26 ounces, and the third was 23 ounces. I think if he would have had Cecil's phone number on his phone the big dog would have ended up in a fedex box headed for Ligonier and en route to its final resting place over the mantle.

Last edited by Rainman; 06/04/15 12:13 AM.