How about the mood on the street when Roosevelt proposed the Social Security Act? Ruination due to increased taxation? And yet, here we remain.

Or the Great Society Programs enacted by Johnson? Anarchy? Apparently not.

Prohibition....wait, that was repealed. The government actually reversed course, changed their mind. It can happen.

The federal ban on assault weapons in the mid 90's. I remember this one....folks were sure...absolutely sure...that this was the first step towards the govt. coming to their home and seizing all of their firearms. No one came for mine. No boots through the front door.

This is absolutely not intended to be a political turning of this thread. Just a couple examples to try and illustrate how public perception, and fear of new legislation is not always warranted. By the same token, there are also instances where such concern was justified. The point, as I see it, is simply that we don't know. None of us know.

As far as where I stand, I'm probably not so far removed from the majority here. I absolutely believe that the EPA would like control of my water. I also believe that the day will probably come, when they achieve it. But in my opinion, I don't need to begin buying up and hoarding Cutrine just yet.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.