Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
I've also been busy making beef jerky for the trip, and have another 4 lbs marinating now smile

I've also made some fruit leather, dried apricots, bananas, pears & apples. The meat slicer, dehydrator and food-saver are getting some heavy use!

If you're making that much, it's gotta be really good! grin

I'm a jerky nut, so I'll bring a couple spools of dental floss!

lol, no two batches are the same as there was a lot of experimenting taking place! And those plastic flossers work great!

All top or bottom round roast, some cut with the grain, some against, some batches thin, some thick, some a little brittle, some more chewy, and most with different spices. All with funky names because I don't think I could make the same flavor twice!

Hopefully I'm making enough to last the trip (there's another 4 lbs in the dehydrator now smile ) so we can pass some on to all those from the PBF helping us! So keep in mind, as Forrest Gump put it "you never know what you're gonna get!"

I want to do more fruit but it takes 12-20 hours to dry and I'm running short on time! (The apricots are explosive!)

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES