Originally Posted By: Bill D.
. . .
I may be looking for "Tractor Impossible." I want something with a mower deck, snow blower, front loader, 3-point hitch and prefer gas. So basically, I want a tractor I can mow the lawn with, snow plow the driveway with and use as a small utility tractor as well.

There is no way anyone could convince me to use a gasoline engine on a small utility tractor. There is no way I could even begin to compare the differences of a 15-30 HP gasoline engine tractor with a 15-30 HP diesel tractor.

Except for the Chinese tractors, and some of the eastern European tractors, there are few bad diesel tractors made these days. Those made in Japan and South Korea, under brands from everywhere -- like Mahindra of India, most of these tractors are extremely tough and nearly maintenance free.

There is absolutely no performance comparison between a 20 HP diesel utility tractor that weighs 2000 lbs., vs a 20 HP gasoline lawn/garden tractor that weighs 400 lbs.

My 23 HP diesel, with front-end loader, backhoe, and many other implements, sips about 1 gallon per hour. My 21 HP gasoline garden tractor sucks about 5 gallons per hour, and I regularly have to use the diesel tractor to get the gasoline tractor unstuck!

Regards,
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!