Bit selection, most types I have tried and the problem I have had is when drilling the larger holes. Like a 2" hole cut into a 4" pvc. The spade or wood bit will grab and will take out chunks and or will grab and twist my wrist due to a jerk caused by excess torque. Or when upsizing from smaller to larger holes, it not so easy to upsize to a 2" hole due to bit selection in the 2" range. And the Forstner or barrel type bits will jump all around till it might take a bite and that may cause for the 2nd hole not lining up and like Al said, it is a pita to remove the core from the barrel.
Snrub, I have looked @ your bit recommendation and I am guessing the unibit will be my next to try. I have looked @ them but the cost has caused me to pass them up in the past, and I buy very little from harber freight due to the poor quality of what they sell (sometimes), but I might have to try harber when looking 2 these expensive unibits.

And Al, I really liked how the garden water hose worked when adding to horizontal stuff. I like the hose not being uniform in the way it lays out from the horz. pipe. And like I said it helps me reducing the loads I take to the landfill. smile

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy