So we finally built a pond in August of 2012, after making my first post here 5 years ago:

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=15745&Number=198248#Post198248

It came out to about 2.04 acres when at capacity, 13-14 at its deepest. We stocked fish in June 2013. There are 2 auto feeders, and a dual diffuser aerator, multiple placed structures. We are trying to do everything right...

We had the soil tested in multiple areas, all tested good for sealing. Its mostly all black gumbo clay...

As the first year goes by I really felt like there was a leak, but was trying to attribute the water loss to absorption, evaporation, something? After cpmpletely filling up during 2013, the fall and winter of 2013-2014 saw the pond drop to about 3' of total depth. I watched and measured all this time, losing about 1 inch per summer day, 1/2" on cool days...

Same thing happened fall and winter of 2014 into this year. Losing 1/2" of water when the high temp is in the 40's seems to rule out most evaporation.

So when it was low again we decided to try spreading some bentonite to see if it would help. I know it should've been tilled in and compacted for best results, but we didnt want to completely drain and start over...

Same amounts, 1 tablespoon, of bentonite with and without water...

A week after the bentonite, it still seemed to be losing 1/2" per day. That was a month ago, and we've had rain off an on so much that I havent got a new measurement...

Now to the point...lol

Has anyone heard of/have experience with a sealing polymer? A pond store local to me has some and was demonstrating it. Its almost like jello. I've included the pics of the container and labels...Google doesnt return much for Irri Seal...

Last edited by JxxxOxxxE; 05/05/15 06:07 PM.