I suppose I'm old school in that I don't own a 4WD tractor, a diesel tractor, or a FEL. I would like to change that one day, however.

I have the 801, and Big Allis....a 1940 Allis Chalmers model "B" The Ford isn't a utility tractor, it's a farm tractor. Rated for 3-14's in our soil, and more importantly, capable of enduring that load for as many hours in the day that the farmer could stand it. She has the weight and the torque to get it done.

Big Allis is now relegated to handling a 5' finish mower only. Counting the four plug wires, there is a grand total of 9 wires on the tractor...including two battery cables. She sits outside year-round, in the rain and snow, with her vertical exhaust uncovered. This past Saturday I put the battery charger on her, added fuel, and hit the starter. Two revolutions and she was running. She has magneto ignition and a crank starter also. If the battery is dead, and I'm feeling adventurous, I can pull her through and off she goes.

I used to feel bad at how I treat her, but now I realize that she probably looks at it the same way I do...it's a badge of honor, kind of thing. 75 years old, and still going strong. Mows every week.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.