Flash light wars. I side with the multi LED's. I have walked for years with my dog and we start very early mornings from 2 to 4am and get two to three walks in the dark walks with a flash light. I tried several different kinds of incandescents. Some had decent coverage and some just sucked with a big black hole in the middle. One such lantern type flashlight was bought from Amazon and made in China. It had a big black hole in the center of the focas. The bulb soon burnt out and when I went to replace the bulb I found the bulb and lenses were completely factory sealed so you couldn't replace the bulb. I thought OK, I will use the battery in another flashlight but it was slightly shorter and would not make contact in ordinary flashlights. I bought an incandescent at a local store that the focus was perfect so I went back and bought the other three they had left but their focus was terrible. Then at Walmart I seen and bought this 10 LED flashlight with battery for $5. The lighting was very even and reached out surprisingly far and the battery last for ever it seems. This is my second one from Walmart. I dropped my first one from a step latter.