You've gotten advice from some of the most knowledgeable members here. Bill Cody isn't known as Dr. Perca for no reason... TJ has mastered growing all species in his pond to a quality if not trophy size.

If I may stress on thing, utilize the advice and be patient. Often times, being patient leads to faster results than trying to rush things in the long run... In a new pond, you have a virgin piece of water only once. Once the fish start going in, you cannot reverse things but for killing everything off.

I really like the idea of utilizing non-reproducing predators in smaller ponds. HSB and WE do not spawn in 99.9% of ponds and it would be closer to 99.9999% of ponds 1 acre or less in size. The nice thing about this is you can closely control predator numbers and thus control the way they affect fish populations in your pond.

In a new pond free of predatory fish, it doesn't take many forage fish to establish a population of this species. Most of my non-traditional forage fish species were established with 1 to 2 dozen of each variety. It's likely adding non-traditional forage fish species will not cause all your species to become world records, but having a diverse forage base will certainly help, especially if you manage your game fish numbers correctly.

Although obtaining non-traditional forage fish species can be difficult/expensive, like I said you only need a couple dozen and a little patience to get them established. If interested in trying to establish bluntnose minnows(BNM), spotfin shiners(SFS), lake chubsuckers(LCS) or other species, let me know and I can point you to a few sources for the species. With those species along with the YP and RES, I do not believe you will need to add GSH.

GSH are good in LMB ponds or ponds with SMB along with HSB and WE. Otherwise, they generally become too abundant, too large and compete with RES, YP and others for food and space and become obnoxious bait stealers.