Finally got my housing built for the aeration system. Took me long enough. I made it plenty large so if I ever want to put a "real" pump in place of the current four Pondmaster AP100's there will be plenty of room to work in.

There are three double 9" Matala diffusers in the main pond each driven by its own pump, then the 4th pump splits into two lines, one going to the sediment pond and one going to the forage pond each with a single 9" Matala diffuser.

Insulation in the lid was because I have truck loads of scraps out of the turkey barns we tore down and I figured it would help keep the sun from heating the building up so bad. I know standing in a shed with a tin roof on a hot sunny day it almost feels like the sun is coming through the tin it is so hot, so figured the insulation would help with that. There is an air gap at each end of the insulation and both ends of the lid is vented so heat can rise and go out the ends. Then there is also louvered vents in each end wall of the building for ventilation.

I placed a plastic container around the pipes where they enter so the concrete is only about an inch thick for about a 6" circle around the pipes. That way if I ever need to replace or add another pipe I only have an inch of concrete to break up and dig under the corner to get a pipe fed up through the floor. I set the pumps up on a board instead of the concrete so I could get some more height so the tubing would run down hill from the pumps to keep any condensation flowing away from the pumps.

As far as metal color selection, the tin was from scraps I had laying around from other roofing projects. Not exactly a perfect combination, but it still sheds the rain. The ends on the lid was some excess vented soffit material I had.

Pictures below. Concrete and frame done last fall, put tin on and finished it recently.

Attached Images
001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 04/19/15 07:38 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine