It is now time to announce our Camelot Bell fingerling production program for 2015. We have just posted new gallery pics of our CB brood stock that were put out to spawn, so please go take a look. Fingerlings from these brood stock will be available by late May/June 2015 time frame.

Overton Fisheries Camelot Bell Broodstock 2015

I want to recognize and thank Mike Frazier at Camelot Bell Ranch for providing me with these genetics way back in 2012. Mike's willingness to share these genetics with me is much appreciated. Now we are raising the bar in the private sport-fish industry across the south by offering pure genetics with trophy potential, that are identifiable and indeed catchable.

In addition to the adult brood stock that I acquired from Camelot Bell in 2012, we have continued to improve on our line of brood stock. We took the jumper fingerlings (cannibals that outgrow their brothers and sisters then turn against them) from the 2012 and 2014 lunker fingerlings program and made brood stock out of these jumper fingerlings. Fish pics in the gallery were jumper fingerlings from the 2012 lunker fingerling program at Camelot Bell. In addition, we now have adult CB brood stock from the 2014 lunker program. By using descendants of CB lunker bass that were caught rod/reel as brood stock, we feel we our 2015 product will be exceptional.

We have enough brood stock individuals now, to begin in 2016 selecting for the blue-green spot in 100% of our brood stock. Using this method of selection, we hope to see a higher incidence of this mark on our fingerlings. Ultimately we hope to rely on this mark as a genetic indicator, and that would be a key management tool for the private pond/lake owner as well...

So, if you are in the South, and you are preparing your water for the stocking of largemouth bass fingerlings, take this opportunity to introduce pure genetics with tremendous potential.

Last edited by overtonfisheries; 03/29/15 11:30 AM.

It's ALL about the fish!