Great story Matt! I have a pretty good one too.

My best friend and I were in high school at the time. We were searching for extra credit points from our biology teacher. Our biology teacher tells us that if we bring in a rat and feed a 10' boa that had been donated to the school, we'd get extra credit. We agreed and the two of us went in after baseball practice to feed the monster.

He comes out of his cage without much effort. We put the snake on the floor and put a barrier around him to keep him in place. We dropped dinner in with the snake and about 30 seconds into the introduction, WHAM! The boa has got the rat and is doing its thing. The snake works the rat into his mouth and begins to digest it.

We can't stay there all night and wait until the rat is at the snake's back end. So, we start negotiating the idea of picking it up and putting it back in the cage. This isn't something I'm as eager to do after seeing what the snake had just done to the rat! I don't know how I convinced my friend to be the head man, but I did.

My friend leans in for the quick grab, but the snake isn't ready to get up from the dinner table. He strikes his head around and latches on to my pal's hand! The two struggle for a few seconds before the snake lets loose.

To make a long story short, we spent another hour trying to get the snake put away. The following day, my friend brings in 5 teeth that were removed from his hand. I received 20 extra credit points, but my friend scores an extra 5 for the teeth!

0.6 acre pond / 13' max depth / Bonham, TX