I had so many locally migratory Canada geese (plus 5 resident tame geese) come to my fish feeder that I quit using it. They knew just what times meals were served and would fly in for a big snack. I started hand-feeding but the geese soon lost all fear of me. Even a shotgun using non-lethal shot wouldn't scare them away for long. This year, my neighbor started feeding the wild turkeys and the geese showed up for that, too. Now we have a goose feeding area a little way from the pond on the side opposite of where I feed the fish. Scattering a couple of quarts of cracked corn in the afternoon keeps the geese occupied while the turkeys and fish are fed. I have also found that feeding after the geese roost in the evening works, for the geese will not leave their roosting spot to come for the fish food. I like having the tame geese around because I have only seen one water moccasin in the last several years, whereas I used to shoot several every spring. I am convinced the geese are eating the small snakes.