Originally Posted By: Sunil
"That is, every 0.7 pounds of high-protien/high-fat sinking pellets produced 1 pound of flesh..."

You got more weight put on the fish than you fed it, Ken?

If correct, does this mean there was other forage the fish were eating, or am I missing something?

No. The fish were swimming in 3600 gallon/minute raceways from a mountainside spring without nutrients except for e-coli that fed the spring from large cattle pastures.

Instead, it had to do with the amount of de-hydration in the product and a few other tweaks. It was a funded research project through West Virginia University, using food specially prepared by a major fish feed manufacturer in Catawissa, PA. They are not a PB sponsor nor advertiser.

In general, they do not sell to the public, or in small quantities.

Because it was a specially formulated food for this project, I don't remember if we were able to get a forecasted cost for the food per pound.

I've gotten other food from them, usually split bags, experiments, etc. My fish seem to do well with it. When I saw our good friend from Ball Grounds, GA, the other day, he had high praise for their products, even though he is now an "ambassador" for a supplier of great fish feed, and major PB supporter, that many of us have had problems aquiringing in the past.

When the ice goes out, my younger son and I want to make a visit to your pond. I can tell you a lot more then.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!