Jason007, to be honest, I don't think your results are being questioned as much as the manor in which you presented them. Absolute truths are very rare in fish management, and sometimes results that seem absolute, are more a result of a moment in time where everything hits just right, and may not be repeatable for others. I've had to learn this lesson myself.

Right now, I'm wintering some CNBG in cages, and I can tell you that at my particular brood pond, they feed more readily in ultra cold TX water (35-45 degrees) than those that are uncaged in the same pond. Why, I've got no clue. Is it light penetration, is it the inability to retreat to warmer water, is it the increased competition due to the restricted space, or is it just the fact that these caged CNBG are only a foot or two from the food, and therefore exert less energy to eat? I certainly don't know why yet, but later this spring when these CNBG are pulled, I'll compare the size of the caged vs. noncaged CNBG and check for size differences. If the caged CNBG grew over the winter and showed positive results, then I'll repeat the experiment next winter. So I guess what I'm saying is that if the caged CNBG grew more than the noncaged CNBG, that proves nothing. It's just a step in the journey to find out why, make those results repeatable for me, and then share those results to see if they're repeatable by others.

Good luck with your future plans.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 02/23/15 02:41 PM.

AL